Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

is it legal to ship prescription medication to someone who

Customer Question

is it legal to ship prescription medication to someone who resides in europe? This person owns businesses here in the U.S. and travels here as often as he's legally allowed. He visits doctors here and then has employees fedex his prescriptions/refills to him in europe.
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

There are no US laws prohibiting it, as long as the "patient" is not "doctor shopping" to get more prescription drugs than he needs. There may be some laws against it in the country where the medicines are being shipped, however. Therefore, it is best to have the doctor who prescribed the medicine write a letter to accompany the prescriptions, detailing why they have been prescribed. Note that Doctor Shopping in the US is illegal

Sam :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck