JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

I have a company that has used my name and professional license without my consent - to ob

I have a company that has used my name and professional license without my consent - to obtain work- i have already sent a cease and desist- However i am an elected official and am concerned of any relationship that may be printed. is there something I can do to inform the paper of the unauthorized use prior to print that will make them liable if they print?
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances. Please help me understand what it is that the newspaper would be printing and how would they acquire that information?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am aware that my opponent has verbally told people this misinformation and am concerned that a letter to the editor may be sent with the same information.
You are referring to your political opponent?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes- I know that my opponents ads can not be edited. However, I do not believe he will print it but may get someone to write a letter to the editor with this information. I am in the process of trying to find a local attorney to handle the litigation with the company but need to deal with this immediatley as the last papers before election are getting ready to print. I didn't worry before as I could have responded in the paper.

I am an appraiser, the company used my name and license on several contracts throughout the state- They have a poor reputation-
Are you just concerned about one newspaper?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
two local- I do not believe they would intentionally print this if they knew the truth. However my concern is:

since the company submitted my name and license it appears as if I worked for them. The paper would have not reason to ask me about it- I also don't want to say anything to jepordize probable litigation with the company.
The best and most effective thing you can do is to directly contact the editor of each paper. Telephone each of them and make an appointment to meet with each editor and share your concern. Make your request personally to them.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.