Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

I have been suckered in by some Jamaican sharpies into believing

Customer Question

I have been suckered in by some Jamaican sharpies into believing I have won 2.8 million dollars and a new Mercedes. They are coming to my house today --- Nov. 1, to deliver the car and check. I have paid them $150 so far via Western Union. My wife is totally pissed off at me,and I need to cancel the whole deal. Does the 3 day right of recission apply? What should I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would like to help

This is a scam. If you had won 2.8 Million dollars and a new Mercedes from any reputable organization, they would not be asking you for any money up front. They would have simply delivered the vehicle to you and told you that you are responsible for all fees in registering the vehicle in your name with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Even if there were a 3 day right of rescission, you would never get your money back from scammers. Your best bet is to file a formal Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission which is the Federal consumer "watchdog" - - -

www.ftc.gov

You should also file a formal Complaint with the California Office of the Attorney General:

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php

Both the FTC and the California Attorney General's Office has the authority and power to investigate and prosecute scam artists and help you get a refund of anything you have paid to them.

I hope this information helps. If you need clarification, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess I'm looking for some legalese type statement to show I want out of this scam once and for all. A $150 refund would be nice, but I'm willing to pay it to have my family off my back. Any suggestions?
This was a scam and you were scammed out of your hard earned $150. I can guarantee you that nobody is going to be delivering a check to you for $2,800,000, or a Mercedes. There is no "right of rescission" because this was a scam. I doubt they would pay any attention to any request you made of them to "rescind", that is, if you were even given a valid, legal address to contact them. They would equally ignore any requests for a refund, simply because they are scam artists and this is how they earn their living, by defrauding people out of their hard earned money.

Simply tell your family members that you are not going through with this "deal", so you can put their mind at rest, and they will leave you alone.

Please contact the agencies I listed in my previous Answer. You have nothing to lose, everything to gain, and you will be helping another individual not to believe their scam and to save their money.

Kindly press "Accept" so that I may receive credit for assisting you and Answering your quesions, I greatly appreciate it, Positive Feedback and Bonus is also always appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

Kindest Regards,
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.

Thank you for accepting my Answer, and the Bonus, I greatly appreciate it, If you have not already done so, please take a moment to leave some Positive Feedback, I would greatly appreciate that, also,

If you need anything further, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name
at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea.........." and your question will be directed to me,

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

Kindest regards,