Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

HI. We live in an adult retirement park that provides cable

Customer Question

HI. We live in an adult retirement park that provides cable tv at a cost of $15.00 per month. When we moved in 8 yrs ago the cable/water/garbage was $30.00/month for all 3, The owners have sence broken up the water as a seperate billing($62.00/mth) . Many of the residents have their own satelite dish and need to know if they still have to pay the park owners for the cable they provide even when they don't use the park cable . We have not signed any contracts for the $15.00/month fee. What can we do ? THNX JIM
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is Andrea, I am a licensed, practicing Attorney, and I would be glad to help

If you have not signed any contract or agreement under which you are obligated to use and to pay for cable service provided by the owners, then you would not be obligated to pay anything for cable and neither would the owners have any grounds on which they could force you, or any other of the residents to pay for cable service.

If you need clarification, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

Kindest Regards,