Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Did the crime. Served the time. When does it end How do we as a free society

Customer Question

Did the crime. Served the time. When does it end? How do we as a "free society" justify the continued persecution of one who has supposedly "paid his debt" to them? I went through hell after my drug incarceration. Were my motives as a dealer selfish. Yes. However, the system reaped its pounds of flesh. Can I ever redeem myself? Why inflict such horrific penalties on dealers only to continually identify them after prison as "convicted felons"? Why not just spend the extra money on a bullet and be done with it? The charade otherwise known as life after prison is to exhausting. Why put the slobs in a cage only to mentally shackle them afterwards? Is redemption an option in this country or should I just throw in the towel? I AM TIRED. I was wrong. I am sorry . I gave up a significant chunk of my temporal allotment to satisfy this insatiable legal system and you know what, I'm not bitter. In some ways it was the best thing that could have happened to me. But the coward dies a 1000 times a
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to see that you may be distressed. However I do not see your question. How can I help you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know where privacy and public record lines are drawn. In this computer age, is there anything I can do to escape my past. I was convicted of a level 26 federal drug trafficing charge. What is done is done. However, this whole experience has left me with a desire to redeem myself in the face of my peers. My family, friends ect. I got married, 3 kids, steady job, the whole 9 yards. But its there still. No parent volunteering at school..... background check. No military. No sense of integrity in a strangers eye. This background mechanism we as a society employee is extremely painful. What would you do?
Thank you for your follow-up.

What you are asking involves criminal law, something that I cannot really assist you with. Luckily other experts on here can actually provide you information on what you are seeking. Hold on, please.