Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

A man I lived with is witholding the dog I purchased while we lived together. What are my

A man I lived with is witholding the dog I purchased while we lived together. What are my options?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
Who is the dog registered and owned by?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. You have a few options. You can threaten to sue and to call the police. Then you can proceed on both fronts. Be sure to have records to confirm ownership. Practically having a lawyer call should help get this turned over on consent.

Would you be so kind as to select the ACCEPT button for the answer. That is the only way I get credit for the answer by Justanswer. (even if you put a deposit or have a subscription) If you have a follow-up question, please ask it using the REPLY feature and I will respond as promptly as possible. Positive Feedback & Bonus are nice ways to say "thank you" and are available options after you click ACCEPT.

I wish you a happy & healthy holiday season.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All I have in the form of documentation is a copy of the contract from the breeder when I bought her. I am tracking down the copy of the check I wrote for her. As for registration, I dont know about this. She has rabies tags, but Ihave no documentation. Advice?
What you have is sufficient, but try to find the additional documentation to avoid a claim that he is a co owner or owner instead.