Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Legal Expert
19305272

Me and my mom own a house - my name is XXXXX XXXXX the title -

Me and my mom own a house - my name is XXXXX XXXXX the title - I live here - she don't - I pay the taxes, insurance and all the bills. My girlfriend lives here - what legal right does my mom have to tell me that my girlfriend can't live here with me?
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 5 years ago.

None, really. You and your mother each have equal rights to the house and can't unduly interfere with the others. If your mother wanted to live there, you would have to let her. She could also insist that you pay her rent for your using the whole house to her exclusion.

However, if she allows you to use the home and doesn't seek any compensation from you, she cannot control how you use the property.

Your accept (by clicking the green "accept") would be greatly appreciated. Although you have made a deposit, I cannot receive credit for my work without your accept. Thanks.