Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Can I trust HAMP

Can I trust HAMP?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

ANDREA, :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be gl;ad to help

ANDREA, :

Please explain what you mean by, "Can I trust HAMP" ?

Customer:

We paid already $895. for Fee

ANDREA, :

HAMP is the acronym for the Federal Program "Home Affordable Modification Program" under which the Federal Government pays incentives to lenders to modify the loans of borrowers by giving them a lower interest rate and helping them avoid losing their homes

ANDREA, :

To whom did you pay the $895 fee ?

Customer:

Hamp

Customer:

3200. to HAMP

Customer:

and today they called and ask for $1900

ANDREA, :

I mean, to which lender did you pay this fee ?

What is the lender working on for you and for which you paid $895 ?

Customer:

our lender Chase has not recvd any payments

ANDREA, :

To whom did you pay $895

Customer:

Hamp

Customer:

and on 0/13 another pmt 3200.

Customer:

our Lender is Chase

ANDREA, :

As I stated above, lenders, and in your situation, Chase, is being paid an incentive by the Federal Government to enter into loan modifications with their borrowers in order to give them lower interest rates, resulting in lower monthly payments on their mortgage loans.

When you say "HAMP", are you referring to President Obama's "Home Affordable Modification Program", or are you referring to some other entity or organization ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are concerned this is a scam?
The "Home Affordable Modification Program" is definitely not a scam. As I previously stated, it is a Federal Government Program which pays incentives to lenders to enter into loan modifications with their borrowers in order to lower their interest rate on their mortgage loan and lower their monthly payments.

You can read all about it, what it does, and what it can do for you at their official website:

https://www.hmpadmin.com/portal/programs/index.jsp

If you need clarification on anything, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further.

Thank you for accepting my Answer, and the Bonus, I greatly appreciate it. If you have not already done so, please take a moment and leave some Positive Feedback, I greatly appreciate that, also,

If you need anything further, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea.........." and your question will be directed to me

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

Kindest Regards,