Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

My parents have passed away and they left property in California

Customer Question

My parents have passed away and they left property in California whihc is still in their name. What is the process for having the property put in my name? Thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. You will have to have the executor of their estates to sign a Quit Claim Deed on behalf of their estates transferring the property to you...then have the deed witnessed and notarized, and then record it in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.