Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have a 15 year old daughter that is being charged with assult

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old daughter that is being charged with assult and will be going to juvenille detention. How do I figure out the amount of child support I will owe the state?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You will owe support in the amount specified on the KS child support guidelines based on your income. You can find the KS Child support guidelines here: http://www.kscourts.org/rules-procedures-forms/child-support-guidelines/default.asp

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found the worksheet but the computation makes no sense in how to compute the total. The step I need shows

Gross Child Support Obligation**

(Using the combined income from Line D.1.,

find the amount for each child and enter total for

all children)

Line D1 is 96,000 for my wife and I but it does not show how to calculate an amount

Look further down on that site and it actually has line by line instructions and definitions of income. We are not allowed to actually go through that with you online, it is well beyond the scope of this service. Here is a general KS Support Online Calculator, that may make it easier for you, but if you still cannot get it, I am afraid you are going to actually take your tax forms to a local attorney for them to properly calculate your amount.