John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
18914223

if both parties agree and have a child, if they sign the papers

Customer Question

if both parties agree and have a child, if they sign the papers how much is it to file and how long will it take? what form do you fill out for visitation? in the state of virginia
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

Please be a little more specific about your situation?

I am cannot provide you with specific legal advise. I can provide you with general information about the law related to your inquiry. I hope you find my response helpful, please click on the ACCEPT button. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work assisting you. Clicking Accept will not close your question. You can still ask, and I will respond, to follow-up questions if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required but they are appreciated!

When you review my initial response, please remember that I cannot guess what information you may already know unless you tell me. I am answering the question(s) posed by you based upon my reading of your post and sometimes I can misunderstand or misinterpret your question. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please rephrase your specific question.

Sometimes the law does not support what you would like it to support. It is my job to give you an understanding of the state of the law, not just tell you what you want to hear. I ask that you respect that fact that you received an accurate account of the law by clicking Accept and giving me positive feedback.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more between my responses to your follow up questions because I may be helping other customers or have stepped away.

I appreciate repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with “Dear XXXXX…”

My answer, and any information that you can find online, should not take the place of having a detailed consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am seperated from my husband and he will be here Thanksgiving, I have printed out divorce papers that he has agreed to sign at that time. My mother has custody of our child and he would like visitation, how can he get it? He lives in SC and I live inVA he has agreed to file and pay for it it. How long does it take after we both sign and he files?
To establish custody and visitation, they need to be spelled out fully in a custody agreement. A custody agreement should be very specific spelling out how often visitation occurs, what happens on holidays, what happens on school days off and what happens in the summer time.

The divorce can be granted in about 30 days if both parties agree.
John Domestic, Lawyer
Experience: Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok so where can he get the form? when custody was granted the judge would not here visitation arguments.
Here is a good sample form:

http://www.lectlaw.com/forms/f044.htm