Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Can a rental company tell you that you are paying market value

Customer Question

Can a rental company tell you that you are paying market value for the apartment you are renting and then rent other units, of the same kinda, for less without move in specials. This is in North Dakota
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good evening. Unfortunately, landlords are entitled to price apartments differently.....just like airlines price seats differently, there are programs that landlords follow these days that produce a daily optimal price based on occupancy and other issues. As long as they are not discriminating against you price-wise based on some classification which would be illegal...such as race, sex, age, ethnicity, disability, etc....then your only recourse would be to move when your lease expires.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.