Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney.
16911602

I am a preschool teacher and on work probation til nov the

Customer Question

I am a preschool teacher and on work probation til nov the 8th. It was due to being late to work. I got another job and want to give a two notice now. I work in a private preschool in Palm Desert. I know that there is a no fault rule concerning a job. What do you think the pros and cons are? Ann
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 5 years ago.

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am preparing your response. Please remain online for a few moments, so you can get your answer right away.

Customer :

Thankyou

Attorney 1 :

You need to weigh the benefits of moving to the new job against the risks of leaving the old one. Factors to be considered are pay rate, job security, location, benefits, and quality of work-life, among other things. Make a list and give it careful thought. Talk it over with those closes to you, especially if the decision will impact family members.

Attorney 1 :

Also, you should feel free to negotiate any parts of the deal with the old and new employers.

Attorney 1 :

If one of them is more open to discussion about things that need to be addressed, that will be a very telling point for your list.

Customer :

If I give a two weeks notice on probation do I still quailify for cobra insurance

Attorney 1 :

Let me check.

Customer :

I have had dental and medical the past 3yrs at my current job.

Customer :

Thankyou

Customer :

I am getting married in dec 30th. This new job is in Costa Mesa,CA. This is where I will be moving and living. I will get on heath insurance with my husband after the marrage. I just want to be covered

Customer :

thank you

Customer :

Are you still there?

Customer :

Sir, please respond

Attorney 1 :

Yes. Thank you for your patience. The code does not distinguish between probationary employees and non-probationary employees for COBRA purposes.

Attorney 1 :

If you need more information, just let me know.

Best of luck!
_________________________________________________________________

If I have answered your question, please remember to click "ACCEPT."

I leave positive feedback for all accepted answers.

Customers with positive feedback get fast and thorough responses from experts.

.

Customer :

What is your personal advise?

Customer :

You mean i paid you money and I gained no new infomation.

Attorney 1 :

If you are dissatisfied, I will opt out to allow another expert to answer.

Customer :

I want my money back Please help me

Attorney 1 : The money that you have on deposit, would ordinarily remain in your account and not be paid out to the expert. You're welcome to contact customer service for a refund. I have opted out of the question to allow other experts can provide you with the desired response. Best of luck.