TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

How long does it take for Workmans Comp to send the settlement

How long does it take for Workman's Comp to send the settlement check after Drs release? The case is over a yr. ongoing but got released on 10/6/11 & returned to work. No restrictions. Corpal Tunnell.
Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure where you are in the workers compensation process, but it can take a few months for workers compensation benefit settlements to be approved.

The Texas Workerforce Commission has to approve all settlements before they can be paid out.

Generally, people who are receiving benefits have been paid cooperatively by the comp insurer, or have filed a claim with the TWC and are being paid pursuant to the claims process. If you have not already filed a claim with TWC, you should do it now so that you can obtain the help of an ombudsman to push forward the settlement process and obtain payment as soon as possible.

That being said, I would also contact the workers compensation insurance company adjuster who is assigned to your case and ask him/her what the hold up on the check is. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get a check cut. If they give you the run around, then you want to go to the TWC and get their help (not necessary to hire an attorney at this point).

Please let me know if this helps or if you need further clarification.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Zachary D. Norris