Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Jim is an appliance salesperson. To make a sale, he asserts

Jim is an appliance salesperson. To make a sale, he asserts that a certain model of a Kitchen Helper refrigerator is the “best one ever made.” This is

fraud if the statement is the truth.

fraud if Jim believes that this statement is not true.

fraud if Jim is stating his opinion, not the facts.

Not Fraud.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. The answer is D. It's simply a statement of puffery...general in nature.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.