Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

IS A CONTRACT VALID IF ALL PARTIES HAVE NOT SIGNED IT HAVING

IS A CONTRACT VALID IF ALL PARTIES HAVE NOT SIGNED IT? HAVING HOME RENOVATIONS DONE, AND MY WIFE DID NOT SIGN THE CONTRACT, IS IT STILL VALID?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. If you signed it and the contractor signed it, it is binding. The contractor had the right to rely on your authority to enter into the contract as an owner of the house.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My, wife and I are owners, but she did not sign the contract. The contract reads, Contractor, and both of us.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

If the contract names your wife and your wife hasn't signed, then you can take the position it is not fully executed and that the contractor had notice...due to your wife being named in the contract....that your wife's signature was necessary. Based on these facts, you will be able to claim the contract is not legally binding. Thanks for the clarifying facts.