Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

Is there a law that states Oklahoma University and Oklahoma

Customer Question

Is there a law that states Oklahoma University and Oklahoma State University must be in the same sports conference?
Expert:  Ray replied 5 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good morning.

RayAnswers :

No they are voluntary members of the Big 12 athletic conference.The membership of the Big 12 is fluid and members come and go.Lately Texas A and M has left the conference for the SEC. Here is reference that includes all the members and history as originally it was know ans the Big 12.As you know there were discussions of Oklahoma leaving the Big 12 as well as some others.This did not happen at least at the present.But they can leave subject to any contractual commitments they may have.

RayAnswers :

The all important by laws so you can see how they are governed and their rights here

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.