INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

can i obtain my girlfreinds onstar phone recordes oh

can i obtain my girlfreinds onstar phone recordes?
ohio.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Good morning.

Phone records as a general rule are only released to the person on the account. Even then the company often makes it difficult to obtain and asks for the demand in writing and charges processing fees.

To get someone else's records, you would need them to ask for it and give it to you.

If she does not consent, you cannot obtain it absent a court order. A court order could be obtained in very limited situations such as a lawsuit where the information is relevant to the lawsuit. Then the court or a lawyer for you can subpoena the records.

Thank you very much for the question. Kindly select the ACCEPT button for the answer - that is the only way I get credit for it by JA. (even if you have deposit or a subscription)

If I can clarify anything for you before accepting, please ask me - happy to do it.

Providing positive feedback and a bonus are not required but are nice ways to say "thank you" and are greatly appreciated.

Justanswer also lets you ask for me specifically in the future simply by putting in the subject of a new question "For Infolawyer"