How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9134
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can we be charged extra rent for our children

This answer was rated:

we own a trailer at the evergreen trailer park in ferndale,washington. we were told upon moving in that because water was included in the space rent that we had to pay extra because of the 4 kids we have, 385\mon. instead of 345/mon. this was fine. now, today, we get a notice that we have to pay another 20.00 per child, 5.00 per car over 2 cars, and 5.00 per pet. this raises our space rent to 450.00/mon. Can we be charged extra per child? WE are already paying extra, what could be the reason for the 80.00 a month extra for our 4 kids? is this legal? We pay our own power,cable,phone,etc... and already pay extra for the water, so ......??? Thank you for your time. Malery Gustafson








can i be charged extra rent for my children?






This appears to be illegal, see
which starts:
(1) It is an unfair practice for any person, whether acting for himself, herself, or another, because of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, families with children status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability:

(a) To refuse to engage in a real estate transaction with a person;

(b) To discriminate against a person in the terms, conditions, or privileges of a real estate transaction or in the furnishing of facilities or services in connection therewith;

Available remedies are listed at

The complaint procedure is described at
See also

You can start the complaint process at

You can get a free consultation from some of the local civil rights attorneys listed at

Sometimes a letter from a local attorney is enough to make the landlord back down, and I urge you to follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer, and thank you very much for the bonus!

Related Legal Questions