socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

If my mom passed away and have not divorced my father but have

If my mom passed away and have not divorced my father but have not been together in over 25 years in cleveland, ohio does he inherit everything because there was no beneficiary
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

I need to do a little research on this question. If you don't want to wait, the system will email you when I post an answer.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The state is cleveland, ohio united states
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello, are you there I paid my money and want an answer
I'm here. Sorry for the delay.

Under ORC 2105.06, a surviving spouse, whether or not living together with his/her other spouse at the time of death, is entitled to inherit the entire decedent spouse's estate, but only if all of the children of the decedent spouse are also the children of the surviving spouse.

If this is not your circumstance, then please clarify, and I will provide an updated answer.

Hope this helps.

Please understand that I "justanswer" questions “about” the law. I cannot be responsible if the law does not favor your unique circumstances. The best that I can do is to explain what the law "is" and what it "is not."

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!