Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

The defendant in my case has interfered with my attorney and

The defendant in my case has interfered with my attorney and caused him to quit. This was done either through a threat or through a payoff. Is it a crime to interfere with an attorney like this? I do have proof.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

bizlaw :

What proof do you have of what was done that resulted in your attorney quitting?

bizlaw :

Can you answer the question or should I return later?

Customer:

I have a witness who has come forward. They claim they have proof of intimidation.

bizlaw :

Threatening a person is a crime. In addition, it is probably punishable by contempt of court which could result in recovery of attorneys fees for you. It should definitely be brought to the attention of both the court and the local district attorney.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.