Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I live in NYC and my sons father owe me $800 and he will not

I live in NYC and my son's father owe me $800 and he will not return my car keys. I want to talk him to court, but I don't have records. I only have two recording. One pith him saying "let me know how much I owe you and a phone discussion with him saying, "I have your car keys. Do I have a case?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Your testimony alone is sufficient, if the judge believes you, to have the judge order him to give your keys back and give you a judgment. The tape recording just makes it even more likely.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.