Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

what is the return of a warrant and in massachusetts how many

Customer Question

what is the return of a warrant and in massachusetts how many days after the search is completed is the return due
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
MA General Law Chapter 276 Section 3A states that the return on a search warrant shall be made as soon after it has been served and no later than 7 days after the warrant was issued.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is a return of warrant?
A return on warrant is just what the name indicates, it is a report from the officer that the warrant was served and lists anything that was seized pursuant to the warrant or that nothing was seized or the reasons the warrant was not served if it was never served.