INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I finally contacted the plaintiffs attorney. He told me they

I finally contacted the plaintiffs attorney. He told me they accepted my offer, And said so in an email as well. Do I need any more proof to cover myself before I pay the settlement amount?
Good evening. You ideally want an agreement signed by both sides which contains the settlement amount, and that once it is paid, that the case is over. If they sued, that they will discontinue the lawsuit. If they have a judgment, that they will mark it satisfied. The e-mail is helpful but an agreement would be preferable in this situation. The lawyer should have it in his computer and simply has to change names and numbers.

Thank you very much for the question. Kindly select the ACCEPT button for the answer - that is the only way I get credit for it by JA. (even if you have deposit or a subscription)

If I can clarify anything for you before accepting, please ask me - happy to do it.

After you click accept Justanswer gives you the option of leaving positive feedback and a bonus. These are nice ways to say "thank you" and are greatly appreciated. Justanswer also lets you ask for me specifically in the future simply by putting in the subject of a new question "For Infolawyer"