Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I WOULD LIIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS PROCESS WOULD ACTUAL BE PLAYED

I WOULD LIIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS PROCESS WOULD ACTUAL BE PLAYED OUT CORRECRLY!

YOUR PRE-PETITIONED FOR MENTALLY ILL & DANGEROUS YOU ARE APPOINTED A COURT

APPOINTED ATTORNEY. YOU ARE ORDERED TO BE IN COURT FOR PRELIMINARY HEARING

YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN EXAMINED THE WEEK BEFORE STATING YOU DO NOT MEET THE

STANDARDS FOR BEING ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL, YOU ARE IN TOTAL REMISSION

FROM YOUR MENTAL ILLNESS! THEN YOU GO TO THE HEARING AND ARE COURT ORDERED

INVOLUNTARY HELD BECAUSE THE PETITION STATES YOU NEED TO BE HELD BECAUSE

YOU ARE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS. WHICH THE EXAMINATION A WEEK AGO

STATED YOU WERE NOT A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS! WHAT SHOULD YOUR

COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY SHOULD DO WHAT ON YOUR BEHALF?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
The very first thing the attorney representing you should have done was put the doctor who did your examination and found you did not meet the criteria and were not a danger to yourself or others on the stand and introduced his report through his testimony to the court. The attorney's job in representing you is putting on witnesses to testify that you were not a danger and medical experts are more credible than non medical experts. If the attorney did not put on such a case you likely have a malpractice claim against the attorney.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”