P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

how can i beat a false restraining order

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Easy. If the information provided to get the temporary restraining order (TRO) is not true. If they lied about the underlying facts (the information the judge used to issue the temporary restraining order), then you go into court and present evidence to show they lied.

A judge will issue a TRO based on the statement of one person. If a person goes to court and claims they are in fear for their personal safety, the court can (and typically will) issue a TRO.

But before the TRO can become a permanent restraining order, the person against whom it is issued will be allowed to appear, in court, and present their side of the case.

So you would want to go to court and provide evidence to the judge that shows the other party lied.

The best way, by far, to do this is with the help of a lawyer. They can help make sure the judge can see the other person lied.