RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

what is the statute of limitations on attorneys fees in california.

what is the statute of limitations on attorney's fees in california. I had a lawyer contact me ater 24 years and demand attorney's gee he was awarded in 1987
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. After readng my answer, please do not hesitate to reply if you have additional questions or need more information.

There's no statute of limitations per se on attorney fees. It would be a matter of contract law, and in California, the statute of limitations on a written contract is 4 years, and on an oral contract, 2 years.

Either way, the time period for him to try and collect fees now in a court of law has long since run out.

*************************************************************************************************************

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR SERVICE". As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code and pay me as you would any other professional.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience: Experienced in multiple areas of the law.