MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

What is Florida Law after medical seizure

What is Florida Law after medical seizure?
Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. What exactly would you like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what is the florida law after having a medical seizure?
Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean whether one is liable for the medical costs of emergency care after a seizure? I ask because "what is the florida law after having a medical seizure?" is a very, very ambiguous question. For example, if one were to ask "what is New York law after having a stroke?" it would be very difficult for you to decipher what exactly the person asking would like to know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had seizures previously. The first seizure was in 2002, it was diagnosed that it was a reaction to Ultram, I was NOT driving at the time and my license was not revoked. The second seizure I had was in 2003, I was NOT driving at the time,again my lisence was not revoked it was diagnosed that it was a reaction to Neurontin. Then in 2005 I had a seizure while driving and my liscence was revoked for 3 years. In 2011 I had a seizure in WalMart and then I was sent a letter frown the DMV in Tallahassee requesting the information to be received within 45 days of receipt of the letter. Because of the Doctors schedule he is only able to see me on Sept 8,2011 (which will be the 45th day). It also stated if they do not receive the information requested in the letter by Sept 8 I will have my license automatically revoked. My question is can my license be revoked even though I was NOT driving? Also I am not taking seizure medication. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
To be clear, you were not driving when you had the 2011 seizure?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is correct I was not driving.
Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can revoke your license due to the seizures. The FL guidelines state that, applicants and licensed drivers should be seizure free for a period of two years before being approved for licensing, and if found to have a seizure during while licensed such license is subject to suspension. If a person is under regular medical supervision, it is possible to apply for a review by the Medical Review Board after being seizure-free for six months. These guidelines apply for all types of seizures. The isolated seizure with a normal encephalogram may be reviewed at the end of three months. For your reference, here is a link to the guidelines: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/family/epilepsy/DrivingG.html

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.