Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

lawyer representing me in saint louis region released confidential

lawyer representing me in saint louis region released confidential information concerning a case which caused a threat on my life
Thank you for your post.

May I ask, what exactly can I answer for you? Could you explain the situation--what were the circumstances pertaining to the dissemination of your private information?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i sent a photo of a rifle scope box to my lawyer

he told my neighbor this

the neighbor then told my next door neighbor on the street in front of my home that i had a rifle scope and to guess what it was attached to.....

She stated i can not legally own a rifle and that she said "i quess that i should kill him before he kills me"

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have a mental illness .. bipolar.. my lawyer represented in a federal case in texas

i felt threatened by the people i had testified against and placed in prison .. (3 inviduals)

i felt that i should be protected. so we discussed rifles and i sent the lawyer a picture of a rifle scope purchased from wal mart online

he told his neighbor and so on

Thank you for your follow-up.

May I ask why you sent a picture of the rifle scope to your attorney in the first place? Also, was it at the time attached to a weapon? Are you at this time permitted to own firearms if it was attached to a weapon?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my next door neighbor and i have had a long standing arguement concerning a fence a dog and destruction of my property

she felt threatened by my "rifle ownership" which is not true

i have no rifle or pistol and have no intentions on harming anyone or myself

She and the rest of the street are "scared of me" now my lawyer stated this morning

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i sent the lawyer the photo to present the option that i needed defense from the threats by the neighbors nearby and the 2 people which are serving time in prison based upon my testamony

Thank you for your follow-up.

I am still unclear why you sent an image of a rifle scope to your attorney if you do not own firearms. Could you explain, please? Didn't you think that it could be taken as a possible threat?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this weekend my lawyer carelessly or purposely cleaned his rifle with the rifle aimed at my kitchen windows..

i am still not sure why or what he is trying to do.. careless or threatening ??? unknown why

I live in fear in my neighborhood since the rumor is that i own a rifle and i have enemies

i proposed that a needed to defend myself was the reason for the picture of the rifle scope

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i never threatened my lawyer.. now i question if he can be disbarred for the resulting threats on my life and destruction of my neighbors trust
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i do not own weapons. i can not purchase weapons.. i have a mental illness .. bipolar

i feel threatened by my lawyer even now...

not sure what i should do

my psychiatrist and psychologist have recommended not to discuss this with my lawyer or anyone in my neighborhood

Thank you for your follow-up.

Based on your information I will likely provide you with an answer you will not be happy hearing, so please be aware that I am solely going by your facts when evaluating my response.

Most likely I do not see the attorney here acting irresponsibly. Here is why:

While a vast majority of information an attorney obtains is subject to attorney-client privilege, not all information is so protected. Common examples may be when the client himself broke confidentiality, that may allow the attorney to speak on the topics the client discussed. Similarly if an attorney is being sued by a client for some sort of breach, the attorney is not bound by the privilege as a means of defending himself. An another exception is if the attorney reasonably believes that someone's life is in danger, or serious injury may take place, he is permitted to breach and inform others of the danger. In this situation sending the attorney an image of a rifle scope can be taken as a very viable threat, either against the attorney or against the neighbors, permitting the attorney to discuss it with the potential victims. He would also be permitted to contact the police and have them take a possible interest in this matter.

Having said that...

If you are claiming that the attorney actually cleaned firearms in front of you, and set the sights on you, that is also a danger and possibly a violation. That may permit you to contact the police over a possible attempted murder charge as well as contact the county bar association and file a complaint both over a possible threat and also over the breach of confidentiality. As I stated above I do not see that such a breach occured based on your information, but you can still contact them to see if they will agree with your explanation.

Good luck.