Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

How do I file for custody modification in California

Expert:  Brandon M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. The following forms are needed, at a minimum, to motion for a custody/visitation modification from the court:

FL-301
FL-310

Also, a few counties have local forms specific to those counties that are not available online; if you go to file the above forms at your court's family law division and if more are needed, they will let you know.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience: Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a follow up question. Today I was in court for a support modification and the district attorney for the petetioner (my ex-wife) did not have the modification form I filed with the court and the hearing was re set for a later hearing. I believe my civil rights were violated because they claim that I did not file a Income and expense declaration and since I work for my father who is a general contractor, therefore they say that my dads company is open to discovery. Is there a form for a complaint to the bar or the judicial consuel that I can file against the DA assigned to the case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get a copy of the original custody order?
Here you go:

form.

To answer your other question, you can get a copy by copying it from the case file at your courthouse. You just need to go there and ask the clerk to pull it for you.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Last two questions for tonight. 1. Can I file a complaint against a DA? 2. How do I get the name and bar number of the DA?

Comment: Your answer's came fast, good job
1. Yes.

2. it should be on the court filings. If not, it will be in the minutes of the court appearance in the court's file.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law