legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas

i left my job because of confrontation with a co worker i filed

i left my job because of confrontation with a co worker i filed an appeal for unemployment
it was denied because the evidence was not sufficient to establish a good cause for leaving
the job. the only evidence I had was an email where the co worker apology for what
that day. should i appeal again,because I felt i did not have to take abuse on the job. please help.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.

Did you report the abuse to the employer? Did the employer do anything to remedy the situation?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the supervisor heard it , just called the manger who was at another job site.
To prove you had good cause connected with the work to quit, and to qualify for benefits, you have to show that the treatment by the coworker was harmful to you either emotionally or physically, that you reported it to the proper chain or authority in your employer and they refused to remedy the situation. But if the co-worker said something once and then never again or apologized and did not reoffend, the commission will not find that you had good cause.