Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

HI; I AM FORMING NEW CORPORATION FOR MY BUSINESS, BUT I

HI;

I AM FORMING NEW CORPORATION FOR MY BUSINESS, BUT I DONT WANT TO ADD P.C. AT THE END (PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION) OR P.A. (PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION), ALTHOUGH I AM A DOCTOR, I PROVIDE VARIETY OF BUSINESS SERVICES BESIDE MEDICAL CARE, LIKE MEDICAL COSMETICS, WEIGHTLOSS, I ALSO SELL NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS, SO AM I OBLIGATED TO DO P.C OR I CAN DO INC.

J NIMEH MD
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 3 years ago.

bizlaw :

Will there be any shareholders other than yourself or other doctors?

Customer:

MYSELF ONLY AT THIS POINT

bizlaw :

The way you would want to do what you plan is by incorporating as a professional corporation and then doing a fictitious name under which you would conduct business. I would be the same name without the PC or PL designation. statute 621.12(4).

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer:

WELL, I HAD CORPORATION ALREADY THAT I AM DISSOLVING SO THIS A NEW CORPORATION, BUT MY CURRENT CORP IS AN INC AND S CORP, BUT I AM READING ON MY NEW APP FOR CORP AND IT SAYS IF I AM A DOCTOR I SHOULD FORM P.C. BUT I ACTED AS S CORP FOR YEARS, I AM MAINLY WONDERING IF I FORM S CORP, WHY NOT, SINCE I DO BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND OTHER SERVICES AS WELL??

Customer:

MAINLY, CAN I FORM INC WITH S REGARDLESS?

bizlaw :

No you cannot form a new corp without the PC designation if you provide professional services. If you had a corporation prior to the adoption of the act you can keep it but you cannot form a new one. The way I gave you is how you would get the result you want.

Customer:

THANKS, XXXXX XXXXX I NEEDED, WAS HELPFUL FOIR SURE.

bizlaw :

I am glad I could be of help. If I have answered all your questions please accept the answer.

Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience: 30 years experience corporate, litigation, international