Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

i want to sue someone, but i dont know his an address what

i want to sue someone, but i don't know his an address
what i should do to know his address?
i gone to Police office but didn't help me.
the court wants me to know the address, and what i have is just his name and his number. also, i know where he is studying and where living.

where i go to know his address ?
is there any way to sue him without an address?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney, I have 25 years experience and would be glad to help

The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed.

Please keep in mind that the law does not always support our position and although I may not agree with the law, I do not write the law and, therefore, cannot control the outcome, So, please remember that does not lessen the time and effort I devoted to researching your question and providing you with an Answer,

The Answer I am providing is information only and does not constitute the practice of law in jurisdictions where I am not licensed to practice. This is a public forum on the internet, so I caution you not to include any personal identifying information

ANSWER

You can usually find someone's address if you have the correct spelling of his name by doing the following:

go to www.pipl.com and type in his first and last name and what city he lives in at the address box.

You can also type in the address bar on your browser "free white pages" , press enter and that will take you to a list of companies. Click on the one that says "Official white pages". When you get to their website, type in the name of the person whose address you are looking for and do the same thing - type his name and the city.

Even if you are on a subscription plan or have made a deposit to JustAnswer, you still need to click ACCEPT for my Answer(s) before I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you for your understanding

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi i used pipl.com
but they gave his old address
I've his cell phone , and i knew his university.
is there any position to sue him without an address?

ANSWER

If you have his old address, send a letter to the US post office at his old address.

Address it to "Postmaster" at the address of the post office. Write the letter as follows:

Dear Postmaster,

Under the Freedom of Information Act, I am requesting the new address of _____________. The old address of this person is the following:

Put his old address here

Call his old post office and ask what the fee is, it's usually about $5.00

The only way you can sue someone without an address is by asking the Court to allow you to serve him by publication. That means that you would have to put the "Notice that you are being sued" in the newspaper. In order for the Court to allow you to do this, you have to show the Court that you at least tried to find him. You will say that you wrote to the posmaster, you looked in the telephone directory, looked on the internet, you asked his old neighbors and any friends (if you know any of his friends.