Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

weve been waiting for over 2 years for my moms estate to

we've been waiting for over 2 years for my mom's estate to be settled in florida. she had no will, nor assets, outsaide of a bank account, and no creditors. what is the average time for such an estate to be settled?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. This should have been settled within 6 months. But, when there is no will, someone has to have been appointed the representative of the estate in order to get it settled. I'm presuming that has happened...but once someone is appointed, this should not take at the maximum more than 6 months.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have different intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply general information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i didn't have time to read the answer yet.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
No worries.