Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

How can I find out if the cop that arested me and claims I

Customer Question

How can I find out if the cop that arested me and claims I hurt him while he was spraing me with mase realy went to med check or not cause I dont think he did
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Generally your public defender can request any evidence that state is planing to introduce against you at trial during the pre-trial discovery.

If you are not satisfied with your public defender, I would suggest that you consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can ask for the medical records from medcheck to find out if he even went there I have the officers name and id # XXXXX dont want to hire anyone If he did

No because of the privacy laws that protect people's medical records.

But if you charged with causing an injury to the police officer, your criminal defense attorney would be entitled to request any records that would be used against you in court to substantiate and prove this criminal charge against you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok just one more question can i go to a lawyer and pay him to find that medcal report with out retaing him I dont want to hire him for a losing cause if there is a report
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately no. The attorney would have to file a notice of appearance to represent you in the criminal case in order to be able to request discovery.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can i get my public defineder to get that info with out letting the prosicutter know
NO, because this discovery request will have to be made to the state (prosecutor).
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the prosicuter has offer me (AMS) alternat missdimenar snetance is that still going to be a felonie on my record and haunt me for ever
This is a new question and according to JustAnswer.com terms of service would have to be posted separately as a new question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com