Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

i live in the state of oregon. i have listed my property for

Customer Question

i live in the state of oregon. i have listed my property for sale with remax equity group. it will have been listed for a period of 2 months as of august 11. I would like to cancel the listing. please advise if i can and how long do i have to hold my property until i can list it gain with another company or perhaps do a for sale by owner.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

When does this listing agreement expire?

What are the reasons that you want to cancel it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i don't have any of that information...the agent told me that i could cancel at the end of 30 days or at anytime, .but i would be subject to not selling my property to anyone that walked through with the agent and dealt with the reality company in reference to my property, for a period of 60 days. if i sold my house myself during that period of time or listed with another agent and they sold the house, then i would be subject to paying fees to remax for the original listing time.
Well if that what the listing agreement states it would be true.

The only way to cancel it is if the real estate brokerage would agree to cancel it or if they were not performing the services as agreed under the listing agreement.

I would suggest that you do contact ReMax and see if they would be willing to give you a written release from this listing agreement and if not, I would suggest that you consult with your local real estate attorney who can review the agreement for you and will let you know what the terms are and if you have any options to terminate this agreement earlier.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!
Do you have any related follow up questions that I can answer for you?