Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had a loan from before 2005 and was on a payment plan. Then I was ha

Customer Question

I had a loan from before 2005 and was on a payment plan. Then I was having problems making Ppayment ion time a couple of years ago. I was just contacted by a woman who stated she works for a law firm. My loan has been bought out and her law firm is demanding I now make a lump sum payent to take care of the loan and keeps calling our businesses to leave message and the businesses are owned by my husband and have nothing to do with the loan which was before we got married. I advised I couod not make a
$6k, $8K or any large pymt. I asked about another poymt plan and she advisede me I would have to have att least $1700 to start with and then possibly work something out. But then she went back to me trying to ask relatives or taking $ out of my 401K to gfet this debt paid. T&his is an unsecured loan from so long ago that I don't remember exactly what is was for..... Help!!! What can I do?????
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
When was the last payment made?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

two or three months ago

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Is there a specific question I can assist with? General question tend to get general answers and then a "I already knew that" from the customer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nevermind..can you give me my deposit back??