LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I have an ex girlfriend who has threatened to obtain a restraining

I have an ex girlfriend who has threatened to obtain a restraining order against me. She has no actual reason but has accused me of threatening her. She has made these accusations in texts and emails but I have done nothing threatening to her. Her motive is to get me fired from my government job which requires a security clearence. Can she do that with no proof?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 years ago.
If she files for a restraining order, she is going to have to have evidence to support it. You at the same time have a right to be heard and can present to the court the emails and texts she sends, to prove there is no legal basis to support the order and her desire to do this is to get you fired. If you want to beat her to the punch, you can file one against her, to she will stop the harassment and emails/texts.