Justice4U
Justice4U, Attorney
Experience:  Broad base of legal experience.

Hi, I am in a hotel in Florida. I went to the pool, there

I am in a hotel in Florida. I went to the pool, there was some broken glass on the floor, i cut my foot, not much but could have been lot worse, there was a lot of broken glass (nobody else was in the pool, it is next to the parking)

What can I ask for ?
Expert:  Justice4U replied 3 years ago.

I am an expert at JustAnswer and will be assisting you. Please remember that I receive no credit for assisting you unless you accept my response. You cannot accept when I make an inquiry, rather you can only do so after you have received an answer. I answer questions based on the amount offered and rely on customers to follow through and "accept." Please remember that this is a chat or a dialogue so please reply to me if you have any questions regarding the information I provide.

Typically, a injured person would recover medical expenses and damages associated with the injury. For example, if you were unable to work an injured party may seek to recover that amount. Damages are case specific. One would need to contemplate the various costs incurred. In a settlement, there is typically a negotiation where the parties meet in the middle somewhere on an acceptable figure. Considering the negotiation involved, one would expect an initial offer to be countered.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So if i understand well you are saying the risk of having v bad security conditions in the pool does not give me a right to get a compensation ? only the injury that occured ?

if this is right i would be quite surprised
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Your previous expert did not say you had no case or you were not entitled to compensation, quite the opposite, they said you would likely be entitled to compensation for your injury, including all of your costs and losses and for pain and suffering. They are liable for their premises and you need to show they knew or should have known that there was glass or they failed to properly clean the pool and as such they are liable for your injury. As such you should consider accepting his answer as it is correct.
Expert:  Justice4U replied 3 years ago.
Just to reiterate what my peers have stated, you do have recourse. You may want to consider obtaining legal representation to handle your claim. If not, you can contact the property owner. If it is clear that your injury occurred on the property, the property owners is likely to put you in contact with an insurance representative that will consider your claim. That insurance representative will request information regarding your injury such as medical bills and evidence of other expenses incurred. There is typically a negotiate process prior to the parties reaching a settlement.

If a property owner is not willing to accept responsibility, an injured party is left with no option but to pursue a claim in civil court. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you
Justice4U, Attorney
Experience: Broad base of legal experience.