FLACORPLAWYER
FLACORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years as attorney, licensed NY and FL. Former US ATTY.
13539925

Can I be denied kidney dialysis because all my admittance papers

Can I be denied kidney dialysis because all my admittance papers were signed by someone at the dialysis clinic and when I pointed it out they said they would have to deny me dialysis until I sign all the forged documents? I thought medical service could not be denied a person in need.
Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 5 years ago.

FLACORPLAWYER :

If you are receiving medical care, and you are able to sign for the service, you can be required to sign for the service before it is rendered to you. Why is this a problem for you?

Customer:

because of other issues and I asked for copies of all signed forms and notice that none of the signatures except one were mind. Someone at the dialysis (administration) signed for me without my knowledge and are going to use this to deny me service. I though it was illegal to deny medical care. I am being denied service because of their mistake!

Customer:

I have no problem with signing the new forms but why should I be penalized for their mistake?

Customer:

which is forgery!

FLACORPLAWYER :

Why does signing forms that you would be required to sign anyway penalize you? And what did they gain by siging your name?

Customer:

That's a good question for which I have no answer. It is illegal. I not suggesting that non-signing of the forms is a penalty. But since I have to sign them anyway, why deny me a days dialysis because someone else employed by their company signed for me. I plan on asking but experience lets me know I will not get an answer. I have tried before.

Customer:

signed for me without my permission or knowledge!

Customer:

They gained my "permission" and access to insurance monies as far as I can see. Still it was uneccessary. Just ask me to sign the form was all necessary.

FLACORPLAWYER :

I think they just needed the signatures for pre-approval and used bad judgment. Please just let it go and concentrate on your health.

Customer:

I am trying to concentrate of my health. They are the ones threatening to deny me dialysis. Also, the email address you have must have been from some time ago. My email address is [email protected] please send any response, if necessary, there. So your advice is let them harm me as long as they provide me with the papers to sign which they have known about since Wednesday and still did not have them today, Friday.

FLACORPLAWYER :

We do not see your e-mail address. It is blanked out. It goes whereever you directed it to go. And yes my legal advice is to sign the papers. You have no damages in this matter and I feel you should let go of it now. I hope you feel better soon.

Customer:

that answer sucked! You will allow people to to anything to other even though they screwed up. thank you for your time. Go back to Goldman Sachs; I'm sure they are missing you. I didn't want any damages but neither did I want mu dialysis interrupted because they messed up. Thank you. Goodbye!