Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have 50/50 custody of our son, I know I make more then his

I have 50/50 custody of our son, I know I make more then his mother btu i pay for everything plus give her a $100.00 a month i pay for all clothing, school supplies school lunches activities medical, co-pays etc she is asking for more support what would i be forced to pay and how do they figure that out?
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Are there custody orders in place at this time, or is this all informal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

its informal

Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.

Typically, if you instigated formal custody (and thus, formal support), you'd pay:

-a percentage of your monthly income, see here for an estimate:

-insurance for the child

-50% of anything not covered by insurance in medical costs

...and that is it. It is up to you to decide whether or not formal custody/support is better than what you have now.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.