Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My husband and I are having a problem getting his pay from

Customer Question

My husband and I are having a problem getting his pay from his employer the Washington Post. He received a partial payment in May and have not received any payment since that time. He has been a carrier for the Post for over 20 years and have won numerous awards for his work ethics and dedication. We have both been trying to contact supervisors at the Post to try to get this resolved, but to no avail. No one will return any calls or requests for why he is not being paid. Our family is in dire straits because of this. Our bills are not being paid, we cannot afford to get food and we need to have our prescriptions filled. I am not currently working and only receive a limited income which does not cover our expenses. We depend on his salary to make ends meet. We are both stressed out over this and need some assistance.
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You will need to file a complaint with the DC Office of Wage Hour or file a lawsuit in DC Superior Court Small Claims Division.

The DC Office of Wage Hour is located at 64 New York Ave., NE Room 3812. You may also call the office at 202-671-1880

Good luck