Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

How can I get money from family business.

Customer Question

Re: family busines- I am the daughter of this. Mother transferred it to herself & three sons when dad got ill. Reasons I am cut out is i am a woman. Period. r.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification.

Was the business in the parents' name?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, originally & when father got sick she took over and put it in her name and three brothers. I don't know if how she did it was entirely legal. She possibly forced the issue. she was very aggressiive with our dad whe he was sick.
The issue then indeed turns on how she came about getting title to the company. If donr by consent, it is legal. If done through duress or fraud, it is not. If there is some evidence of the latter, whether witnesses or e-mails, an action can be filed to get a court order to invalidate it. Remaining evidence can also be obtained during discovery (depositions, interrogatories, document demands, subpoenas) Thanks again for the question. Please click the ACCEPT button for the answer. That is the only way I get credit for it. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback after accepting are very much appreciated