Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Hi, I applied for a position in New Jersey. We had the interview

Customer Question

I applied for a position in New Jersey. We had the interview and they offered me the job. They gave me two days to think about it. But a few hours later they claim there are errors on my CV in regards XXXXX XXXXX I told them that I didn't think the job was a right fit anyway and I would withdraw my application (I never actually filled out an application, just my CV). Now the dean is demanding that I provide him five years of background information on myself even though I told him I didn't want the position. He keeps subtling threatening me and has said he would speak to the colleges general council. I need advice.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 years ago.

If I understand you, you applied for a job with a college in NJ which you have no current connection with. You submitted no formal application, but had an interview after which you withdrew from the matter. I do not think that there is anything that the college can do to you. If there wasn't anything in your CV which could have been libelous or fraudulent in some regard, I don't see what the dean could be threatening you with now.

I have answered your question. Please click on ACCEPT so that I will be compensated. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you wish clarification of the answer, please send me a "Reply". If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully request that you ACCEPT the answer to your first question before branching off into other new questions. Thanks, and I will be standing by.