Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Suspended drivers license

Customer Question

Suspended drivers license
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

What about your suspended license?

Could you explain a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a suspended license and need to get a WA State ID to prove who I am but I also have a bench warrant cause I did not report to court when I got ticketed Reason why my license is suspended I wonder if I go to the DMV and use my old license which is also expired last month can I reuest a WA State ID without fear of getting arrested?

Thank you for the additional information:

Response: Unfortunately, no. You may be arrested. I will not take that chance if I were you. You need to go to Court and get the bench warrant released before you start going to the DMV to get an ID.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

To get the bench warrant lifted would I have to pay for the huge ticket infraction fine which would place a heavy financial burden on me presently. I need a WA ID to prove my identity for some other legal paper work plus to get my son a drivers permit

Response: Unfortunately, yes.