Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

If I am receiving a loan and they want a warrenty deed to secure

If I am receiving a loan and they want a warrenty deed to secure the loan, am I just signing my property totally over to them? The loan is for 6 months do I need something in writing or stating the the warrenty deed will be signed back over to me?
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 years ago.

Hello

Yes, if you are signing a DEED then you are signing the property over completely 100% to the party who is giving you the loan. The normal way to do this is to place a lien or a mortgage on your property and not to have you sign a DEED to the lender.

If they still insist on this, you should ask that their be language right in the deed that states that it only becomes effective in the event that you do not repay the loan by XXXXX date or some such language to protect you.

--Mary

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.

Even if you placed a deposit or have paid Just Answer for this Question via a subscription service, I am NOT paid anything until you press the ACCEPT BUTTON at the bottom of this box. This is not a hobby for me -- this is how I earn my living -- and I depend upon the good will of my customers to honor Just Answer's honor system of payment and press ACCEPT to make sure that I am paid for my time.

THANK YOU