Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
5180018

If 2 cousins (men) ages 63 and 81 are appointed as excutors

Customer Question

If 2 cousins (men) ages 63 and 81 are appointed as excutors to a aunts will and the 81 year old can not handle the issues to the person. How does the person resign as one of
the executors in the state of PA?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

The 81 year old would have to file a Petition for Leave to Resign as Executor and in the petition state the reason why she wishes to be removed.

If you have an attorney he/she can prepare the Petition for you but if you do not have an attorney you will need to draft and submit the Petition to the Surrogate Court judge over the probate. You can go to the webpage link I shall post below to see what your petition shoud look like to help you prepare your own if necessary.

Since you will be going to a different webpage to create your Petition I ask that you remember to click ACCEPT here as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance on this problem.

http://www.peph.com/PEPH/BlueBook/AppendixB/form3.htm

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is it better to get a lawyer to do this petition or can he do it himself easier?
It's not hard to do especially since I provided you with an example of how it should look but if he does not believe he can do it himself, then there is nothing wrong with hiring an attorney to do it for him.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you please send me the name of the site again to obtain the example of the petition? will this telll me where to take it or send it locally?
In my prior post I stated that you need to take the petition to the judge who is assigned to the probate. If you dont know the judge's name then go to the surrogate court in the county where your aunt lived.

Here is the website again:

Have a good day