Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

YOU SAID FURTHER TIME IN CUSTODY IS A REAL POSSIBILITY, DOES

YOU SAID FURTHER TIME IN CUSTODY IS A REAL POSSIBILITY, DOES IT SOUND LIKE IT WOULD RESULT FROM THE FACTS OF THIS CASE OR DID YOU MEAN DOWN THE ROAD IF HE CONTINUED ACTING INAPPROPRATELY. IF YOU MEANT THIS CASE ABOUT HOW MANY YEARS WOULD YOU THINK, I AM REALLY NOT COMFORATABLE WITH A LONG SENTENCE AS A RESULT OF HIM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH ME BREAKING UP WITH HIM.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello again:

When I said that further time in custody is a real possibility, I meant based on the existing facts of the case. He has what sounds to be a rather extensive criminal record and it would definitely be normal to spend some time in jail on a restraining order violation in that context. I don't have enough information to estimate what a total sentence might look like because I don't know if there is enough evidence to convict him on any of the other crimes, but a restraining order violation is punishable by up to a year in jail.