Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I am not sure if I was really adopted. When I tried to get

Customer Question

I am not sure if I was really adopted. When I tried to get a copy of my original bc I was told, "It doesn't look like your were ever adopted". When I was 15 there was a custody case and I was returned to my biological uncle and his wife. Is this normal procedure? Can I get a copy of my original birth certificate and if so how?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

How old are you now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Alex. I am 65. This happened in 1959 or 1960. I am trying to find out to fill in the blanks of my life.

Unfortunately if you were legally adopted, your original birth certificate would not be accessible.

This is done to protect adoptive parents and their adapted children from this records being available to the public and only your adoptive parents and/or someone with the first hand knowledge can reveal these facts to you at this point.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated