Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have a small moving business and I loaded a customers two

I have a small moving business and I loaded a customers two trucks for them to drive to the state of Nevada,they claim and sent pictures of damage that happened along the drive from Maryland the state I loaded from.My insurance company said I am not covered for the damages because it was not on my moving trucks by the way they were rental trucks.I am inturn being sued for $14.000+ dollars and I need to what kind of lawyer I get to represent me on this matter there are so many kinds.I live in the Glen Burnie,MD area.
.
In order to defend against this, you would need a civil litigation attorney. Most attorneys will be able to handle this type of lawsuit as it is basically a breach of contract claim that is alleging negligence in packing the trucks.
.
But since the property was presumably secure when you loaded it, they will have a hard time proving you were responsible for the damage once they left. They could have swerved back and forth, braked too suddenly, ran into a hole, etc. so there could be numerous reasons for the damage.
.
.
thaks

.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I said the same thing in a response letter to thje Better Business Service.I just wanted to say thank you very much I dont know what will happen with this but you made me feal a lot better right now.Have a great day
You are very welcome.
.
The best to you and yours.

.
thanks

.

.

.